Ways to Volunteer with Adopt Me
Are you someone who can't foster, but you still want to help out the dogs? We still need your help! Please apply and indicate what you can help with and we'll be in contact with you as opportunities arise!
- Sunday Adoption Fairs - Help families socialize with the pets we bring to PetSmart every week, answer questions about how the adoption process works, set up and clean up our booth, and come up with creative ways to make a little extra money on the fly with Tshirt sales or baked goods - you name it!
- Pet Care Assistance & Temporary Dog Sitting - Sometimes our foster parents need a pet sitter, a daytime visit for a dog that is troubled being alone, or an extra walk for a dog that just can't get enough exercise. Or when our fosters have multiple dogs at once, they really just appreciate an extra pair of hands and someone to give one-on one love to their dogs.
- Pet Photography - A good picture can get an unnoticed pet adopted within days. Do you have a good camera, an artistic sense, and a car so that you can meet up with our fosters on your own time to take photos?
- Concessions Stand Fundraisers - One of our biggest fundraisers is selling concessions at Badger games and other sport events around Madison. This is a great way to get to know other passionate volunteers with a couple extra hours on a weekend. Come on out and have fun!
- Fundraising and Event Planner - We have had several successful fundraisers that can be as big as a bowling tournament, or as small as a Dine and Donate day at Granite City or Jason's Deli. Either one has the potential to make a big difference. We need help hosting these fundraising events, or organizing an online or social media fundraising campaign.
- Administrative Help - Keeping track of the vet records, adoption applications, Petfinder profiles, and other details of 50 to 100 pets at a time is tough! Are you organized or tech savvy? We'd love your help!
- Design and Marketing Help - We'd love help designing our website, editing photos, creating posters and advertising material. If you have a knack for design or professional experience in any of this, we'd love to hear your ideas and get your help.
- Grant Writing Guru - Do you have experience writing grants? You are exactly who we are looking for. More funding helps us transport more dogs and provide vet care for dogs in more dire situations. We are also quickly growing to the point where we can't help more dogs at once without a central facility to keep dogs while they are in between foster homes. Can you make this dream come true?